Monday, August 1, 2011

Hello From Oregon and an Oregonian!

I am officially an Oregonian!  I have ditched my California ties, and have moved north to the land of the Pacific Northwest, Mount Hood, Crater Lake, and The Goonies.  Sure I could have mentioned something obvious like rain, or the end of the Oregon Trail, but that’s boring.  Though I was checking out the official state symbols out of curiosity.  Check it:

  • Animal: Beaver (and if I get into OSU I shall be a state animal)
  • Beverage: Milk (hey, it does a body good)
  • Bird: Western Medowlark (hark! a lark!)
  • Dance: Square Dance (good thing I learned how to promenade and do-si-do in 3rd grade)
  • Flower: Oregon grape (guess it’d be rude not to pick the flower with the state name in it)
  • Insect: Oregon Swallowtail (flutter-by!)
  • Motto: Alis Volat Propriis “She Flies With Her Own Wings” (pretty, I like it)
  • Rock: Thunderegg (do you think when it hatches it produces Thundercats?)

I’ve already gotten my Oregon driver’s license and let me tell you that it has far fewer security features than California’s.  And I’m not even talking about California’s super new license design which must take for-ev-er to make.  Here, I took the test on Wednesday the 20th (only missed three questions, which I feel were dumb questions to ask me anyways) and received my license on Monday the 25th.  What, did it take like 4 hours to make?  You know most of that wait time was for it to go through the mail.  I’m just happy that my license photo is actually up to date.  I was 15 in my CA one!!  When being ID’d they’d ask me if that was me, not so effective.

Now all I need to do is get my car switched over to being an Oregon resident…and you know I’m going to get the special plates that make a donation to Crater Lake.

Loves.

0 comments: