Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is It Syllabuses Or Syllabi?

Today was the first day of winter quarter and I made it to my classes on time! Not that I didn't think I would, but it's always good to start out with a positive. Although really, there was no negative about today. My first class of the day was Principles of Learning or Learning Theory or Why We Don't Repeatedly Touch Hot Things...something along those lines. That one is the earliest class I have had since high school, starting at the crack of dawn: 9:30AM. [Laugh it up Dad] On second thought, I think I did have a photography class at like 8:30 but that is a fun class and I'd go to photography at any time. So I arrived at Hot Don't Touch class right on time, parking was a bit more challenging that I was expecting it to be, and we covered the syllabus, the general idea of chapter one and were free to go at 10:45. Sweet! Early release is always nice especially when you're getting out a full hour early. That gave me a nice five and a half hour lunch break. Later the long mid-day break will come in handy for homework but when you don't have any it just gives you a chance to go to the gym, shower, eat, and get sucked into your latest book. Thank goodness for my alarm clock on my phone! I've missed classes at AHC that way before.

My next class was Research Methods I (I get to take II next quarter) and that one is from 5:20PM to 7:35PM. Coincidentally both of my in person classes have the same instructor, hopefully this will be a good thing, so the drill was very similar to my morning class: syllabus, general idea of what the class will be all about (slightly different from what we learned from the syllabus) and free to go at 6:00PM. I think this was the easiest first day of quarter/semester I've ever had. Too bad these will be difficult classes, they may be my only early outs I get. But don't you worry, I enjoyed my "free" time and didn't put it toward practical use like going to the grocery store.

Well I'm officially off of free time now so I guess I have to go be productive and do laundry so I have a shirt for work (if they use my call-in) tomorrow.
Loves.

0 comments: