Thursday, April 2, 2009

View of My Apartment

This is what I came home to after my mini-spring break trip down to B-town.



They're doing repairs and improvements on the apartment buildings and it was my building's turn to get a new roof. This lovely dumpster for all the roof garbage was blocking my front windows. It was there for two days (that I was here) and made my living room dark like I lived in a cave. Fun.

I think they put it in front of my apartment because it'd be easiest to get a truck backed up to that spot but the apartment next to me is currently vacant, it would have been much nicer if it was blocking those windows in my opinion. Luckily it was only there for two days but when they came to take it away it was six in the morning. That's right, I had a big, loud, I beep when I back up vehicle outside my place at six in the morning on my day off! I was not pleased. (You may have seen my Twitter to the left about that)

On the plus side, my apartment building is done with operation spiffy-up. It's now re-roofed, replaced (they changed out bad siding) and repainted. The only sounds of improvements are in the distance or simply echoes in my mind. I'll post a photo of the new paint, I didn't like it at first because it looked like they were going for olive drab but with the trim and green doors I kind of dig it.

Loves.

0 comments: