Friday, July 17, 2009

They're Called Cowseyes and Meatloafballs, Look It Up

I went home to the valley this last weekend for my birthday. I just wanted to have a nice and relaxing vacation after a work heavy June. As much fun as it would have been to be running around doing many fabulous things, I would have ended up needing a second vacation from work. One thing that I really wanted to do was go to an Angel game, I have not been to one for a couple seasons now and love going. They were hosting a three game series against the Yankees before they broke for the All Star game. So Friday night Dad and I were online hunting for some tickets to Saturday's afternoon game. Which was quite the task considering all the misguided Yankee fans were buying tickets. Hopefully they realize the error of their ways following the Yankees being swept by the Angels. Go Angels!

One afternoon Dad and I hung out watching one of the Angels games in the garage while playing darts. After losing the first two games--I have come to the conclusion that I cannot aim when throwing darts, it's my kryptonite--I started out the third game in a big way.

That's right, a bullseye and cowseye! (We were each using both green and yellow darts) Ok, so I don't know what the 25 point ring is called but thought that'd make sense. I was already excited about getting that close to the center of the board but was so ecstatic when I actually got the bullseye! The only bullseye I've gotten before has been achieved in my Young Frankenstein method of hand placing the darts on the board (yes with sound effects). I ended up barely winning that game--Dad caught up quickly but I doubled out first--and immediately pronounced that as the final game. I'm no dummy, I know when to go out with a bang.

For my birthday dinner I wanted to go to my favorite Italian restaurant, La Botte. Everything is great there, very real Italian cooking, and they have the best spaghetti and meatballs in the world. Well, "meatballs" is an inaccurate description, meatloafballs is more accurate. They are huge and amazing and I do not share. Seriously, go there.


Loves.

0 comments: