Friday, July 3, 2009

Pretty Sure I'm Safe

I few weeks ago I stumbled across a blog written by a woman with a large following. She'd written about how another less popular blogger was plagiarizing her blog entries. One of her friends noticed that year old entries from popular blogger (let's call her Miss Types-A-Lot) were showing up word for word on less popular blogger's page (let's call her Miss CopyCat). The only things that Miss CopyCat were changing were the names of her "husband" and "close friends". Miss CopyCat was then called out on her lame-ness and lack of originality by many people that were obviously fans of Miss Types-A-Lot. Then Miss CopyCat tries to claim that her posts were originals and she'd never even heard of Miss Types-A-Lot's blog. Right...

I just found it crazy that people would be so uninspired or dull that they had to steal other people's entire blog entries as their own. Really, that's what Plinky is for! Seeing as my readership isn't too great, I shouldn't be worried about my words showing up elsewhere. But if they do show up, I just ask of the "borrower" to credit me. I sit on a cheap uncomfortable chair typing these and I think that my butt deserves some recognition for its sacrifice.
Loves.

0 comments: