Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Easter Just A Teensy Bit Late

This Easter was the first time that I have ever hard boiled eggs myself. I think that once I knew what I had to do it went fairly well. Though one of my eggs ended up cracking and lost about a quarter of its contents during the process. Oh well, it still left me with 10 hardboiled eggs.



My plan was to hit Rite Aid or Longs on Monday to buy my Cadbury eggs at a discounted post-holiday price. I absolutely love the Easter treat but I don't like buying them all at regular price. On Monday I stopped by Rite Aid after school only to find that they had no leftover Easter candy only decorations. So then I walked over to Vons and didn't find any leftover Easter stuff at all. That day's mission was a bust but hope was not lost.

Tuesday I went to Target because I needed a few things and was able to parooze the leftover Easter aisle. There were a bunch of baskets and odd "Easter" candy but again no eggs. On my way home I stopped at Longs, partially to pick up something I forgot at Target, but mainly for my egg mission. They had Easter cards similar to the cute Valentine cards that kids hand out at school and two shopping carts full of Peeps and only Peeps. In my opinion the only thing that Peeps are good for is sword fighting in the microwave.

After my hunt came up dry I texted Dad about the lack of eggs and requested that he be on the lookout. Yesterday just as I was getting to work I had a message from Dad. He went to the store and found me Cadbury eggs! He also, most importantly, bought four 4-packs of eggs for me plus a multi-pack of mini-eggs. Thanks Dad!! Now please guard them for me.

0 comments: