Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Payday Bonus

On Friday I ran a few errands and picked up my paycheck from work. Attached to the normal envelope was a second, envelope with a card. I assumed that it was a thank you card for working hard as holiday help since the semi-annual sale ends this Sunday and that's how long they needed the holiday help for. When I got home I opened the card and found this written inside it:

"Kimberly,
Thanks for all your hard work this holiday season. We'd like to offer you a permanent part time position. If you are interested please let any manager know ASAP.
Sincerely,
BBW Managers
"

I was very happy to read that because they had not given any indication as to whether they were going to offer any positions. It had been told to us when we were first hired that they may (though not a guarantee) have a few positions at the end of the season. I don't know how many people were asked to stay on--everyone appeared to have had an extra envelope on their paycheck, either as an offer or thank you--but I should know next week.

0 comments: