Monday, January 3, 2011

Still Enjoying Winter Break

I am keeping my Christmas lights up.  Not forever since I will be moving in June and I’ll need to pack them.  Haha!  I’m just going to keep them up for another week or so because I like them and think that they’re pretty.  None of my neighbors will know though since they’re hanging inside my apartment.  I still didn’t buy that odd adapter to power my lights through the porch light.  My outdoor decorations consisted of one of those window gels that is Snoopy ice skating.  Ok, so technically it’s inside but you can totally see if from outside since it’s stuck to my front window.  I figure that I can leave the window cling up as long as it’s cold outside.  And by cold I mean, Bakersfield cold conditions with highs in the 50s, which would be considered warm anywhere that it snows in winter.

On Wednesday winter quarter starts up so I’ll have to get back in school brain mode.  I have one class (Philosophy: Logical Reasoning) that is making up for a class that didn’t count as a transfer from community college so it’s a super low level class.  Which means two things, it’ll be filled with freshmen and probably will have lower expectations.  So possibly good since it’s my morning class and I’ll most likely only be half awake.  I’m also taking a class for my minor (Sociology: Social Services and Social Problems) and then an elective for my major (Psychology: Family Psychology and Development).  I was trying to get my applied experience lined up this quarter but nothing has panned out so far.  I’m hoping to get an internship with one of three organizations but if that doesn’t work then I may T.A. or be a research assistant.  But I would much rather have an internship because it would 1) be fun and 2) be better for applying for graduate programs.  I’ll keep you updated if I get one.

Loves.

0 comments: