Saturday, May 30, 2009

Date Night

Friday night is traditionally date night and tonight I had a date. Kind of. I went to dinner and a movie with Scott and his wife, my friend from school, Dina. So my date wasn't romantic, that's fine, I had a really good time. After finally deciding where we'd go to dinner (seriously took us a long time) I met Dina and Scott at Me 'n Ed's Pizza over at The Marketplace. Ok, so when we were deciding we kind of were not thinking about how it's Friday night and all the teens hang out at The Marketplace...seriously, not exaggerating, all of them. Oh well.

After a few loops up and down the parking lot, we finally found spaces and went to dinner. I hadn't met Scott before but had heard a lot about him so it was nice to finally have a face to go with the name and stories. We all chatted quite a bit and did a lot of laughing. It was pretty warm in the pizzeria so we decided to continue our conversation outside. Not quite sure why since it's been really hot during the day. Guess we thought it would have cooled down more by 8:30. It hadn't. This fact, and that we had nothing else we had to do that night, lead to the decision to go to a movie. After all, we were standing in front of the theater. So the next big decision of the night was made: go see Night at the Museum 2, or Up? They both started at the same time so we only had to decide which promising film we were in the mood for. Now I know what you're thinking, how ever did they decide on a movie if they couldn't decide what they wanted to eat? Easy. Up was being shown in 3-D!!



Sure we had to pay an extra $3.50 for the 3-D glasses, but to see this movie in 3-D it's totally worth it. Plus I got a student discount so that helped. It's a good thing that I turned in my recyclables for cash Thursday because that money went straight to the movie. This was my first 3-D movie and I can't believe they aren't doing more movies in 3-D considering the new technology for it. The glasses don't look silly (they look just like Ray Bans) and you can still easily watch the film without them. The details and quality of the effect were outstanding. I vote for more 3-D, especially since I kept my glasses so I won't have to buy additional pairs.

As I'm sure you know, Pixar movies had a short film immediately before the feature presentation starts and this one was very cool. Don't worry, I won't give anything away. Consider this a non-spoiler alert, everything here is safe to read. Once the movie started we knew we were in for a treat. I hope to see it a second time (even in regular old 2-D) because I missed quite a few lines because everyone in the theater was laughing so hard, plus the movie was just that good.



My only complaint is regarding fellow movie-goers. Don't take your young kids to a 9:40 showing. Especially when you have to give them soda to stay awake long enough to see the film. That just makes them squirmy and more likely to behave like a parrot. I heard that line already, I don't need to hear it 20 more times thanks. I know, I am such a grump. Ha.

Tomorrow I'm going to a party at Dina and Scott's place. It's Scott's birthday and they are having a BBQ/pool party to celebrate so I'll be spending my afternoon hanging out by the pool. Don't worry, I'll wear sunscreen.
Loves.

0 comments: