Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Complex Within The Complex

I like where I live. My apartment is cute, I still love it as much as when I first moved here. And honestly, I'm fairly surprised that it's as quiet here as it is. I know that some fellow Roadrunners live here because they've followed me to campus and visa versa a few times but people tend to really follow the "quiet time" rule. According to the "renter handbook" we're expected to lower volumes to neighbor friendly levels at 10pm. And it's funny how on a Friday night any music that has escaped on the wind will suddenly stop at 9:59pm. After that the main noises that'll be heard are people softly chatting while walking to or from their car.

Until about 2am that is. That's when one of my neighbors (I'm not sure who yet but I plan to find out and take action) gets home from work/kazoo practice/drive-thru duty/clubbing/whatever and feels the need to satisfy his complex of locking his car with the fob thingy. Now, I'm a big fan of the fob thingy with the cool buttons that make your car obey you from up to 50 feet away (I have the power!) but sometimes the old fashion buttons on the car door are pretty dandy too. Like, for instance, when you are parked by someone's bedroom window at 2am and your car fob thingy causes your car to not only lock your doors but to also flash its lights and honk! Now that, my friend, is not cool. Especially not cool when you can't remember 30 seconds ago and re-fob-lock just to make sure that everyone hears the car honk a second time.

Maybe I'll post this sign...



...along with a box for him to deposit my cash into. Next to a tip jar for putting up with him for this long. I think it's fair.
Loves.

0 comments: