Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Arrival of Dad...Part Deux

Previously on "Adventures" of This College Girl... I was regaining my composure after Dad surprised me by showing up to visit a day early. After I got over the initial shock and we unloaded Dad's truck (thanks again for the chicken!) I informed Dad that I needed to be fed. After all, he told me not to eat dinner yet! In the spirit of trying new things we went to BJ's and had pizza.

Friday we woke up early and ever important errands. Such as taking my recycles to campus (that's where the drop off is), buying me a CSUB sweatshirt (how did I go nearly two quarters without one?), and doing the final steps in the great mattress hunt. Checking to see if sale prices had changed and doing the final mini-nap comparisons. Turns out that we bought my new bed at the first place I tried mattresses. It's an Englander and it's really high off the ground, and it's like sleeping on a cloud. I love it! Of course we ended the night by watching the Monk and Psych season finales.

Saturday the bed was delivered and I almost didn't want to do anything but lay on my belly diagonally across it. But Dad was able to get me to leave the house, after feeding me a great grilled cheese sandwich. We then went spelunking and discovered ancient treasures--we'll be famous for years because of this find. We were considering tracking down Bigfoot but decided against it since so many people hassle him. Plus my uncle Kris has already found him, or at least that was the joke. [Ok so I ended up using my Delirious skills for good rather than for evil. That is way more exciting than the fact that we went to the Goodwill store and bought me a corning ware and stopped by FoodsCo for groceries. And you're welcome Dad, I was going to have the abominable snowman kidnap you and feed you yellow sno cones, a la Monsters Inc.] After our many interviews for various media outlets we decided to unwind with a movie marathon. First up was Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy followed by Stagecoach.


Fun fact: I rafted/kayaked down the same river that John Wayne and company crossed in the film!

On that note, stay tuned for the conclusion of this weekend saga. We might just tame the Loch Ness Monster!
Loves.

0 comments: