Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dorm Life? Pass!

Today I ate on campus for the first time. From what I was hearing from one of my classmates I was kind of expecting food similar to what Hawkeye was constantly smelling and describing as 'a sock after it had been in surgery for 12 hours wearing Winchester's cologne' or something along those lines. But the food was edible, though really not great. Because I do not live on campus I had to pay for my meal, we tried to get me in for free with no luck, and I did not get much bang for my buck. There was excitement by the regular diners because of the fact that there was fruit. That's not a good sign. I ended up having steamed green beans, spaghetti, fruit, and a roll. Let me just say, I am glad that I have a kitchen and can cook my own meals.

I also hung out in one of the dorm buildings for a little while this evening. I have a 5-page paper on the Persian Wars due Monday so one of my classmates and I were going over the parts of the novel Persian Fire to figure out where most of our quotes and information will come from. Apparently their neighbors diagonal across the hall don't understand the concept of mandatory quiet hours or courtesy quiet hours for midterm week. "So, I, like, have to be quiet all the time?" No silly, just during peak study times for the students that care to study. Though they're not sure if these girls are capable of being quiet ever. They lock themselves out and pound on the doors, invite their friends over but don't let them into the building so they are pounding on the outer door, blare their music all night... Jealous, right? Yeah, I too wish they were my neighbors...Well, maybe not. I'll keep my porch poopers as neighbors even though they leave a mess and try to come in my front door at night. Darn toads. Other than the minor eye-rolling gripe session about the loud girls, we did far more chatting and laughing than looking at the book. Which as I see it, is a very successful study session. The fact that we even opened our books and exchanged email addresses is huge compared to what normally is accomplished in study groups. Or maybe those are just my study groups...Either way, I approve.

Thanks mom and dad for not making me live in the dorms!

Next time, sometime, details on my visits from dad, mom, and Jaslynn!
Loves!

0 comments: