Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Little Luck and Some Major Skill

There are two radio stations that I listen to regularly here in B-field.  The first is KLLY (Kelly) 95.3, a top hits station and the second is KRAB 106.1, a rock station.  Kelly is home of the “world famous Kelly lounge”, a intimate concert held at the Fox theater which has featured over 90 artists and bands since it began over 8 years ago.  Previous artists that have appeared include Michelle Branch, Ben Folds, Phantom Planet, Jason Mraz, Collective Soul, Gavin DeGraw, Josh Kelley, Ok Go, Augustana, Gavin Rossdale, and Adele.  Some artists play a show before they are very popular and others (Adele) appear after their song is regularly making radio play.

Over the weekend Kelly kept playing a teaser that the next artist to visit the Kelly Lounge would be announced Tuesday at 2:25 in afternoon on Facebook.  They also were saying that the first 100 people to RSVP would receive free tickets to the show.  I don’t have class on Tuesdays until 3:10 so I was able to have my laptop out to try to “win” some tickets.  The concert date and artist appearing were posted and I was number 88 to RSVP, earning myself free tickets to the show.

Tomorrow I’ll be stopping by the studio to pick up my tickets for Friday night’s Kelly lounge featuring Serena Ryder.  Her current single is All For Love, it’s pretty good and her voice kind of reminds me of Melissa Etheridge.

I’ll post any photos from the show this weekend.

Loves.

0 comments: