Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hair! And I'm Not Talking About That Hippie Movie.

Yesterday I decided I would color my hair since I had nothing else going on. It's been a while since I've dyed my hair and I was ready for a little something different. I generally don't go too far from my natural color but I really like giving it a little somethin' somethin' every once and a while. I busted out my Clairol's Natural Whatever in Navajo Bronze that will wash out after about 28 shampoos and got to work staining my orange towel. Luckily I already knew that I would be ruining a towel so I used the oldest towel from my collection. Though now luckily little orange towel will get to play along any time I decide to color again. After I dyed my hair I let it air dry, again had nowhere to go so no need to blow dry, and a few hours later I went to check it out in the mirror. I try not to keep checking out the color as my hair drys because I like the final 'ta-da!' I get by seeing it wet (to make sure I only dyed my hair and not my head or ears) and then fully dry. This time my 'ta-da' moment was more of a 'ta-oh that's no fun' because apparently my natural hair color is very very close to Navajo Bronze (light caramel brown) so there is essentially no change in my hair color; it just looks a little glossier. I though it would warm up my color a little bit more and maybe give it just a little bit more of a darker brown. Oh well, next time I know not to go for light caramel brown, I need to go for medium or darkerish.

Tomorrow I am going to the dollar movie theater to go see Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist. It was one that I wanted to see and luckily I get to catch it for really cheap! I think there should be more theaters that play movies two seasons later than their release for only $1-$2. I haven't been to a movie at this theater yet but I have a feeling this may be a semi-regular outing.

Loves.

0 comments: