Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Want A Charlie Brown Tree This Year

I am totally in the mood for Christmas. In fact, I'm really into the whole winter season this year. Normally I just get into a holiday mood, not so much a seasonal mood, but I think I'm embracing my cold fingers this year. Last night I dug through my closet to find my gloves because my fingers were freezing! I figured that wearing my gloves would be more comfortable than sitting on my hands all evening. Plus it's difficult to read when sitting on your book which is in your hand. Difficult and uncomfortable.

I love iTunes because they give me two free Christmas songs a week every week after Thanksgiving. They've been doing this for a few years so I am getting a pretty good collection of holiday songs. I have a great range of artists from The Killers and Jimmy Eat World to Tony Bennett and Harry Connick, Jr. Right now I have about 30 songs on my computer (good mix of free and bought) and two more CDs somewhere in my stack of music. Once I transfer the songs from my computer to a CD I'll have non-stop music for my drive to and from B-town for the holidays.

I'm off of work all week (I'm not on the schedule until Friday) and tomorrow I am going to Longs to buy myself some Christmas lights so that I can have a festive patio like many of my neighbors. I also have to get some sort of adapter so that I can plug my lights in through the porch light out there. Maybe I'll even get myself a Christmas tree like Monk's. It's nice, no worrying about cleaning up fallen needles or remembering to water it. Cardboard cut-outs are great. But really, you can't beat the classic Christmas tree.

That's about it for now, I'm going to go find the rest of my Christmas music.
Loves.

0 comments: