Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cramming Those Silly Finals In

I have a long weekend! Well, I usually have a long weekend of three days but this week I get four whole days. I love an extra day off. Finals are this coming week and since I only have two classes with a final I manage to have Monday off. Yippee! I'm not sure how I managed it but out of my five classes I only have two classes that require a final. I like this, much nicer than community college. hehe I hope I am so lucky next quarter, although I only have three classes winter quarter so having two finals wouldn't be quite as big of a deal. Neither of my prerequisite psychology classes have a final and neither does my on-line jogging class. I still get a giggle out of the fact that I took jogging on-line. So my two classes with a final are History of Greece and Film Music. My music final should be fairly easy since it's identifying listening examples that we've been studying all quarter. I just need to make sure I remember the years and composers for the films. I can recognize the songs easily. My Greece final will take some studying. There's quite a bit more to that one and I want to makes sure I can keep my currently good grade in that class. If I work hard I may be able to pull off a 4.0 this quarter. It'll either be that or a 3.8 I think.

Next quarter, as I said, I have signed up for three classes. Though I will still be considered full time since I am taking 12 units. (Anything 12 or more units is full time) Somehow I managed to get all my classes on Mondays and Wednesdays which will be nice for my availability for a job. I will be taking two psychology classes and a "passions" class. The passion classes are extracurricular classes in which the professors choose the topic that they teach. They teach something they're passionate about, hence the name. I'll be taking a class that is basically an on-line book club, only with one specific book to read. I don't remember the title off the top of my head but it looked like it'd be interesting. Amazon.com allowed me to read the first few pages of the book and I made sure it was written in a style that wouldn't be painful to read. I just had an assigned reading of a novel and it was so difficult to read that I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be stuck in that position again. It's never a good sign if a reader has to force themselves to read. I just hope this book doesn't interfere with my Stuart Woods time. I can't seem to put his books down for too long now that mom's introduced his work to me. I even manage to neglect the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich.

Anyways, redirecting back to my finals for a moment... My finals are Tuesday evening (5-7:30 pm) and Wednesday evening (5-7:30 pm). The school was so nice to bump my classes that normally end at 5:10pm to 5:00 start times for finals week. They must want to challenge those of us who hope to drive home for Thanksgiving a little bit. I'll show them, I'll have my car packed when I get to school so I can leave straight from there. Muhahahaha! I should get home around 10pm depending on how long I take in that final. Then I'll have all of Turkey Day to hang with the family and Friday morning I'll drive back to B-field so that I can go to work. This will be my first real day of work. That's right, I'll be working Black Friday with only training from a video! Whee... That is I am assuming that I'll be working. My hours for Friday are call-in hours so I only go in if they need me. My plan is leave B-town at about 10am then stop at New Cuyama to have an early lunch and call work to verify if they'll want me to come in. If they do, I carry on my merry way. If they don't, I might just turn around and go back and hang with the family one more night. I will for sure come back Saturday though because I have another call-in that evening and I won't do two New Cuyama trips, besides I'll need to feed Lavender by then.

I feel kind of bad. I have had Lavender for about a month and I just noticed something about him. He's a little special. Betas have really cool fins, and Lavender seems to have a little extra fin. Basically, he has extra of the long belly fin on his back right side. It's hard to explain but it's extra and it's cool. Also I noticed that he has Nemo fins! His right "hand" fin (my former marine biology teacher would be so proud) is bigger than his left "hand" fin. So I think I should additional-name him. His new extended name is: Lavender Judd Nemo Gooms.


That's about it for now. I'll save the exciting news about how I did a ton of laundry for another day. Kidding, I won't share all about my sock sorting, even though I know it'd be riveting.
Loves.

0 comments: