Friday, December 19, 2008

I Get It From Dad

Seeing as we're getting closer to Christmas I thought I'd throw another festive post up here really quickly. Last week (when I had four days of nothing going on) I dedicated a day to wrap all my Christmas gifts, watch Disney movies (my traditional viewing when wrapping), and decorate my apartment a little bit. I think my need for putting up some Christmas lights comes from dad's need to compete with (and totally beat) the mad skills of Clark Griswold. Dad wins because he uses color lights and more decorations than Clark. Really, anyone can cover the entire surface area of their home with boring white lights and throw Santa and his reindeer on the front lawn. It takes a special type of skill and many evenings and weekends to strategically place all the different elements and make sure minimal fuses are blown when the lights are lit up. That and our Santa never gets launched into orbit by toxic fumes released by a crazy in-law... On that note, here is my festive decoration for the apartment.

I tried to put the lights up outside but there was no outlet available. Then I was thinking about plugging them in through my porch light on my patio but I didn't have an adapter to do so and Longs didn't have one when I bought my lights. So then I was going to hang them on the outside of these blinds so that it'd look festive inside and outside but I couldn't close my blinds then... But that's ok, this way I can be a little Grinch-like and not share my holiday light spirit. Muhahaha. Next, Max and I will go sledding.

I'm also including photos from Dad's decorating skills from last Christmas. Ah the fond memories of using more than two power-reliant items in my room at once only to blow the fuse then walking to the backside of the garage in the cold and dark to restore power... Apparently this year he is trying to eliminate such a threat of half-house blackout and is plugging some of the lights in through the back yard.

Six days until Christmas!
Loves.

0 comments: